Monday, April 12, 2010

count to 10

I surprise myself sometimes, especially when I least expect it. I'll write a song in a weird key, or write riffs that are almost too hard for me to play, but I record them anyway because they sound rad and I know I can challenge myself to play better.

But then there are times when even I'm like "what the hell just happened?"

I've changed a whole hell of a lot in the last year, and I plan to continue changing for better; I definitely want to. I'm sure I'll keep surprising myself all along the way as well, in fact, I count on it.

One thing that has certainly surprised me is how much I care. About you, about them, about it, about when. Sounds vague I know. But honestly, in the past, especially in relationships, I think there were things (important things) that I didn't stress over or care about too much. Now sometimes it feels like I care too much. I've definitely always been the kind of person that when they are sure about something, they go for it all out and care about it almost too much, and it gets me in trouble sometimes, it seems.
Bottom line is, if it seems like I'm stressing over something, or that I am paying too much attention to something, or getting frustrated too easily over something, no matter how insignificant it may seem to anyone else; it's because I simply care more than is probably good for me emotionally. It's a weird part of who I am unfortunately.

So, next time you see me stressed out, or flipping out, or being snappy to someone, even you, say "shhh, just calm down, tell me what's really going on, I'm all ears." And maybe, just maybe, I'll feel like caring too much about something is ok.


No comments:

Post a Comment